Please enable JavaScript. This website does not function properly without JavaScript enabled.

Penn State Graduate School Awards Database

The Graduate School at Penn State

Penn State Graduate School Penn State Penn State Graduate School

External Awards Database

Search and Sort Criteria

Dwight D. Eisenhower Fellowship Program

Date posted: 03/07/2013

Award: Anticipated stipends for the Fellowship are based on academic level as follows: Master's - $1,700/mo.; Doctoral - $2,000/mo. Actual Stipend level may vary based upon available funding.

Field: Masters or Doctorate Degrees in transportation related discipline.

Eligibility: see notes below

Contact Information:

Name: Henry C. Murdaugh, DTS-TP-20
Phone: (703) 235-0538
Address: U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration Office of Technical Services 1310 North Courthouse Road, Suite 300 Arlington, VA 22201
Web site:

Additional information:

The EISENHOWER GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP (provides funding for the pursuit of Masters or Doctorate Degrees in transportation related discipline. The program objectives are: 1) to attract the nation's brightest minds to the field of transportation, 2) to enhance the careers of transportation professionals by encouraging them to seek advanced degrees, &, 3) to retain top talent in the transportation industry of the United States. The Program is intended to bring innovation & enhance the breadth & scope of knowledge of the entire transportation community in the United States. The Eisenhower Graduate Fellowship Program encompasses all modes of transportation. Applicants must: possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited U.S. Institution; be enrolled in an accredited U.S. Institution of higher education; be pursuing a degree in a full-time program in a transportation-related discipline; Have at least 1 full academic year remaining in program of study; conduct ongoing research in one or more transportation-related disciplines; & plan to enter the transportation profession after completing their higher level education. Non-U.S. citizens must attach a valid copy of their I-20 or I-551 ID issued by the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (CIS).

Full award list

External Funding at the Graduate School